Mango Lassi, a Recipe for the Rainbow Cookbook


Albania, the Philippines, the Yemen, Mongolia are just some of the countries where I investigated the cooking pots and enjoyed or otherwise the hospitality of locals.

When asked the ineluctable question: "Of all the countries, you've travelled to, which is your favourite?" I shrug my shoulders, "I don't know" is my answer. But would I be asked, "What do you like, say about........India?", then one would not be able to stop me talking about the villages, the dust, the emotions, the smells, the noises, the brightness, the colours.........

So when I was commissioned to participate to the Rainbow Cookbook to promote Appliance Online British Oven, a trendy new look from “New World Cookers”, I closed my eyes and the first thing I saw was the mellow yellow of the Alfonso Mango flesh. No doubt, my recipe was not not going to be blue, nor orange but yellow.

Mango Lassi
Ingredients
1 large mango, peeled and stoned
pinch of salt
350g plain yogurt
225ml chilled milk
2-3 tbsp sugar
1 cardamon pod, crushed use only the seeds alternatively a pinch of ground cardamon or 1tsp of ginger
Ice-cubes up to 10

Method
Peel and stone the mango, place the flesh with all the ingredients in a blender. Blend for a couple of minutes on ice-setting or highest setting. Pour in individual glasses and serve.

If your blender does not take ice-cubes crush them in a tea-towel and add them to the serving glass.

No comments:

si

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails